UV Germicidal Light (HVAC unit)
This UV germicidal light can be fixed and mounted to HVAC units. As a UV-C sanitizer system it provides complete antimicrobial protection cleaning the air of bacteria, germs, mold, allergens and viruses (including COVID-19).
HVAC System Install Confined Space Blower Install
Full Product Description
Model 8800 UVC AC | HVAC UV Germicidal Light
Restrictions are starting to soften across the U.S. during the COVID-19 pandemic. Some businesses are back to normal. Others are easing in to a new routine. But how are you going to let people know your building is safe for return?
- Germicidal UV fixtures for HVAC equipment is one of the most effective ways to eliminate pathogens in your building, including viruses.
Benefits of Using a Germicidal UV for your HVAC System
The benefits of using germicidal UV-C are two-pronged: clean, healthier air in your building and a cleaner, healthier HVAC system (which means less maintenance, odors, and an overall longer-lasting system). Here’s a list of the benefits of using a UV-C Light system with your HVAC system.
Germicidal UV fixtures not only clean your system, they improve the heat exchange efficiency. That means your energy costs are going down.
No Harsh Chemicals
You can stop using those bleach tablets in your drain pans. Germicidal UV can replace or reduce the use of harsh chemicals. Plus, you can enter a room immediately after the products are turned off. No need to wait for harsh chemicals to dissipate.
Germicidal UV acts as a source of constant maintenance for your HVAC system. Instead of having to constantly pressure wash or clean equipment, germicidal UV constantly cleans disinfects, leading to less mold build-up.
Improved Indoor Air Quality
Germicidal UV can help disinfect at the source of germs, which is typically coils or drain pans. It can greatly reduce the threat of pathogens entering the building through the HVAC system.
- The 8800 CLear UVC™ (HVAC unit) is a mountable cord connected germicidal UVC LED Light.
- The CLear UVC™ is constructed in compliance with UL 153, Portable Electric Luminaires, and UL 1310, Class 2 Power Units, further being compliant for Wet Location Use.
- The CLear UVC™ utilizes 12 High-Power germicidal UVC LEDs with a peak emittance at 265-275nm having an average adjusted total output irradiant power of >5000µW/cm2 across the emission surface with a projected 60° beam angle.
- The CLear UVC™ simultaneously emits a 60º beam angle of GREEN light, providing a visible reference marker as to the projected emission / beam angle of the invisible UVC radiation.
HVAC System Install Example
Confined Space Blower Install Example
Safety & Precautions
Personal Protective Equipment: Ensure all required and compliant personal protective equipment is worn to prevent direct exposure to UVC radiation from the CLear UVC unit, which should include approved UVC blocking gloves, Face mask or shield, garments, and show coverings. Ensure a respirator or breathing apparatus is used, if required and directed by local, state, or federal regulations. Always comply with company or organization directed safety protocols and directives.
Warning: Avoid exposure to direct or reflected germicidal ultraviolet rays. Germicidal ultraviolet rays are harmful to the eyes and skin. UVC is reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen. Wear personal protective equipment covering all exposed skin and eyes. Never look into the UVC light source and avoid all reflected light.
Caution: Germicidal ultraviolet rays may break down plastic, rubber, or other non-metallic materials, can fade colors, and can be damaging to plant life. Shield all plastic, rubber, or other non-metallic parts, plant life, etc. which may be exposed to direct or reflected germicidal ultraviolet rays.